Dr. Pawan Kumar Gupta
Dr.Pawan K. Gupta
M.S. Surgery ( CMC, Ludhiana )
Dip. Urology ( London ) F.I.A.M.S.
Ex-Consultant in Urology ( Visiting ) , Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon.
A Pioneer of “RIRS” in India
Has performed thousands of RIRS in last 18 years, first using several Fiberoptic flexible
scopes and now using Digital (Chip on the Tip) Flexible Scopes
Guest Lectures and Workshops
Has conducted more than one hundred workshops on Transurethral Surgery & Ureterorenoscopy including RIRS. Has delivered more than one hundred Guest Lectures on Transurethral Surgery and Ureterorenoscopy
Has designed a Ureteroscope named as Suction Ureterorenoscope by Pawan Gupta manufactured by Richard Wolf GmbH., Germany.
Publications in International Journals as detailed below:
- Ureterorenoscopy to remove a fungal bezoar from the renal pelvis. Case Report published in British Journal of Urology International (March 2001),87.4
- Initial Experience with a Prototype Ureterascope under “New Technologies in Endourology”. Journal of Endourology, Volume 20, Number 1, January 2006.
- Is the Holmium: YAG Laser the best Intracorporeal Lithatripter for the Ureter? A 3-Year Retrospective Study. Journal of Endouralogy,Volume 21, Number 3, March 2007.
Oiganised following workshops & Training Programs
- Workshop on Ureterorenoscopy both Rigid &Flexible in 1998 at RP Stone Clinic Pvt. Ltd., Panipat under North Zone Chapter ofUrological Society of India.
- USI WORKSHOP:- Urological Society Organised an InternationalWorkshop on RIRS at R P Stone Clinic Pvt. Ltd., Panipat in April 2011.
- Organised a Workshop on RIRS at R P Stone Clinic Pvt. Ltd.,Panipat in April 2012.
- Has conducted Cook Vista Training Programme in Dec. 2015 for Young Qualified (Post Mch/DNB Urology) Doctors in RIRS at RP Stone Clinic Pvi. Ltd., Panipat.
Invited Faculty For Demonstration/Moderation/Presentation on Flexible Ureterorenoscopy (RIRS) in following Workshops/ Conferences / Institutions
Dehradun – August 2003, Ludhiana – October 2003, Jaipur – May 2004, PGI Chandigarh – April 2005, PGIIMS Rohtak – April 2005, Srinagar – September 2005, Shamli – November 2007, Asian Congress of Urology, AIIMS, New Delhi – October 2008, North Zone ASICON CME, AIIMS, New Delhi: Delivered a lecture on Innovation in Ureterorenoscopy during the KEY NOTE ADDRESS SESSION – January 2009, Guwahati – May 2009, Patiala – December 2009 & then in August 2010, Nadiad – September 2010, Sri Lanka – 12th & 13th Nov. 2010, Kochi – 13th & 14th August, 2011, Kochi August 2013, PGI, Chandigarh, NZCUSI Annual Conference November 2013.
Suction Uretero-Renoscope by Pawan Gupta
- ‘Ureterorenoscopy to Remove a Fungal Bezoar from the Renal Pelvis’, a case report published in the British Journal of Urology International (Vol. 87, no. 4, March 2001).
- ‘An initial experience with a Prototype Ureteroscope’ under New Technologies in Endourology in Journal of Endourology (Vol.20, Number 1, January 2006).
- ‘Is the Holmium: YAG Laser the Best Intracorporeal Lithotripter for the Ureter?’ a three-year retrospective study in the Journal of Endourology (Vol. 21, no.3, March 2007).
He also has the distinction of using the smallest Uretroscope of 4.5/6.5 Fr for the first time in the World, the results of which were published in Journal of Endourology (Vol.20, Number 1, January 2006).
Currently Director at the R.P. Stone Clinic (P) Ltd in Panipat Haryana, Dr. Gupta can be rightly acclaimed as the Pioneer of Flexible Ureterorenoscopy in India who organized India’s first Workshop on the procedure of Flexible Ureterorenoscopy at his Clinic in 1998 under the aegis of the North Zone chapter of the Urological Society of India, which was graced by international luminaries like Dr. A. J. Gross (Germany) and Dr. David Albala (USA), as well as by renowned Indian Urologists such as Dr. S.K. Sharma (Ex-Director, PGI Chandigarh), Dr. N. P. Gupta (AIIMS) and Dr. Mahesh Desai.
Urological Society of India organized an International Workshop on Flexible Ureteroscopy with him as Organizing Secretary at his clinic on 27th & 28th April, 2011.
Dr. Gupta has been treating Kidney Stones by Flexible Ureterorenoscopy since 1998.
In the year 2006, he demonstrated (Video Presentation) his Experience on Flexible Ureterorenoscopy in the 39th Annual Conference of the Urological Society of India held at Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi on Invitation.
Apart from this, he also single-handedly revolutionized the treatment of urinary tract stones in the state of Haryana through the introduction of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy, Percutaneous Surgery of Kidney Stones and Ureterorenoscopy with Holmium: YAG Laser Lithotripsy in the 1990’s.
National dailies in the country have been chronicling his professional prodigies for more than a decade now. Some of his more memorable accomplishments include the extraction of cotton like ball of fungus from the kidney of a 42-year-old woman by Ureteroscopy without open surgery in the year 2000. This technique, which had hitherto been employed very rarely anywhere in the world, was adopted by him probably for the first time in the world.
Dr. Pawan Kumar Gupta has worked his way up to his present international standing in the highly complex field of Urology through an optimum mix of determination and diligence, fostering his natural genius. He attained his Masters in Surgery (MS) from Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, and thereafter, his Diploma in Urology from the Institute of Urology, London.
Having started his career as lecturer in Surgery in a Urological Unit at the Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, Dr, Gupta has come a long way indeed. After his professional stint, which lasted till 1987, he turned to private practice in order to give scope to his talent and flair in his chosen field. Since then, he has been establishing milestone upon milestone of professional success and path breaking achievements, thus successfully putting Haryana on the World map in the field of Urology. His efforts towards making Urological Procedures and Surgeries more and more risk-free as well as financially accessible to the masses are legend, as are his amazing feats in the operation theatre.
At present a leading authority in Flexible Ureteroscopy for removal of Kidney stones in India, Dr. Pawan Kumar Gupta remains as firmly committed as ever to the cause of spreading awareness about Kidney Stone disease, their causes and preventions, as well as their safe and minimum-cost treatment for the common man. Towards this end he has conducted more than fifty Workshops in the course of his career.