R P STONE
Kidney Stone Treatment by Flexible Ureteroscopy
About Hospital |
Doctor's Profile |
Contact us |
About Kidney stones Treatments
Welcome to R.P Stone Clinic
Dr.Pawan Kumar Gupta single
handedly revolutionized the treatment of Urinary Tract & kidney Stones in Haryana,
by introducing the Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy, Percutaneous
Surgery of Kidney Stones & Ureterorenoscopy with Holmium:Yag laser
lithotripsy in the nineties.
Know about Kidney Stone Treatment
Kidney stone treatment has seen
dramatic changes in last three decades. Open Kidney Stone Surgery was
replaced by Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy & Percutaneous Surgery
of Kidney Stones in Nineteen eighties & the incidence of Open Kidney Stone
Surgery was reduced to 1 to 2 %. Similarly Open Surgery for Ureteric
Stones was replaced by rigid Ureteroscopy.
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy:-
Has a limited but definite use
today. It should be used for stones of around one cm. preferably in upper
part of Kidney.
Percutaneous Surgery of Kidney Stones:-
This is a widely practiced Key hole surgery for Kidney stones & has good
results particularly for large stones in Kidney. The Surgery has a
significant complication rate.
Flexible Ureteroscopy / Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery:-
During last one decade, a new modality of treatment in the form of
Flexible Ureteroscopy/Retrograde intrarenal Surgery is picking up fast for
treatment of Kidney Stones. This procedure is a natural hole surgery & is
associated with minimal complications. The procedure is expensive because
of higher cost of Equipment & disposables & also has a long learning
Click to view
presentation for kidney stone removal by RIRS
News & Events
Kidney stone treatment &
of Kidney Stone >>
Causes of Kidney
>> Preventions of stones
What is a kidney stone?
What causes kidney stones?
3 What are the different types of kidney stones?
4 Who is at risk for kidney stones?
What are the signs and symptoms of kidney
6 How are kidney stones diagnosed?
What is the treatment for kidney stones?
8 What is the prognosis for kidney stones?
Can kidney stones be prevented?
KIDNEY AND URETERAL STONES
Stone disease is among the most painful
and prevalent urological
Millions of kidney stone cases are
diagnosed each year.
Majority of kidney stones pass out of the body spontaneously without any
TYPES OF STONES
1. The most common stones are calcium oxalate kidney stones followed by
calcium phosphate kidney stones.
2. A less common type of stone is caused by infection in the urinary
tract. This type of kidney stone is called a struvite or infection stone.
3. Much less common are the pure uric acid kidney stones.
4. Much rarer is the hereditary type of kidney stones called cystine
stones and even more rare are those linked to other hereditary disorders.
5. There are number of other stones also which form less than 5% of total
What are the risk factors for forming kidney stones?
Stone disease is more common in males than females. The male-female
ratio is approximately 2:1. The exact cause of kidney stone formation is
not known, but there are number of possible factors and connections
leading to kidney stone formation.
1. Family history of kidney stones disease.
2. Urinary tract infection can lead to kidney stone disease.
3. High intake of Non vegetarian food may lead to kidney stone disease.
4. High salt intake may have higher incidence of kidney stone formation.
5. Low water intake may be associated with high incidence of kidney stone
6. Decreased amount of urinary citrate also can increase the kidney stone
7. Intake of high oxalate diet such as green leafy vegetables, nuts and
chocolate help in formation of kidney stones.
8. Certain diseases like Crohns disease, short bowel syndrome etc.
increase the incidence of kidney stone formation.
9. Secondary stones may form in patients with obstruction to urinary
passage like in prostate enlargement or uretheral stricture etc.
10. Kidney stones are also linked to hyperparathyroidism, an endocrine
disorder that result in more calcium in the urine.
11. Rare hereditary disorders such as
a) Cystinuria can lead to formation of cystine stones
in the kidneys.
b) Primary hyperoxaluria can also lead to kidney stone
12. Certain conditions like
a) Hypercalciuria of different types can also lead to
increased incidence of kidney stone formation.
b) Hyperuricosuria is also associated with increased
incidence of kidney stone formation.
R P Stone Clinic Pvt.Ltd.
SCF: 30-31, Sector
11, Near Angel Prime Mall, HUDA Colony, Panipat 132103, India
R P Stone Clinic Pvt.Ltd.
R P Stone Clinic Pvt. Ltd.
Basement N-236, GK-1,
New Delhi 110048,India
By Appointment only Call
R P Stone Clinic Pvt.
37- 38, Sector 14,
Stones Treatment In Delhi- Kidney Stones Treatment by RIRS in india - Kidney
Stones by Flexible Ureteroscopy - Kidney Stones Treatment in NCR-
Stone Removal by RIRS - RIRS Kidney Stone Treatment india | Crafted by webcraftonline.com